who, exactly, does the first amendment serve?

Formulating a universal definition of democracy is complicated. The nuanced components inherent to this ideology are absolutely protean, allowing it to transmogrify itself to emulate the handlers of whatever epoch. This ephemeral essence allows democracy, as an ideology, to be interpolated into adversarial organizations. As I reflect on democracy, I am overwhelmed by the conjectures embedded within it. These contradictions administer an impetus to delineate the tenuous boundaries of democracy. These complications are elucidated as one parses the dogmas some recognize as sacrosanct and others unanimously held in disrepute.

As always, I am lamenting the amalgamation of media outlets. Particularly, my inquiry probes corporate media’s propensity to formulate a sense of alterity upon those courageous enough to subvert its traditional ideologies. Reflecting on the extradition trial of Julian Assange, this sense of virulence prevails. My acrid impression proliferates as coverage of this harrowing trial is nearly obviated from mainstream channels. The homogenization of platforms has successfully constructed a congenial culture, which remains ebullient about the bromide narratives disseminated.

Harnessing the Assange trial, in its entirety, as a lens to speculate about egalitarianism renders pernicious harbingers. The hegemonic impression of democracy postulates an opportunity for unadulterated erudition. Thus, galvanizing the concomitant impression that journalism is emblematic of democracy, therefore media as well. Unfortunately, this interpretation rather tenuous. Through this 21st-century framework, the empire remains perspicacious, of which topics are verboten. Any accounts with the potential to foment concerns about the state’s agenda, whether in regards to war, COVID-19, jail, basically any aspect of human rights, are met with disrepute.

While I am not under the delusion that all of us will embark abroad and expose the American empire’s deleterious workings, we must remain mindful of this evolution. So long as journalists are required to stratify which pieces of their work are acceptable within this system, I feel anxious about the state of democracy. These draconian entities are more inclined to embellish conjectures to besiege democratic journalism than actually issue a bromide mea culpa.