My future Goals and aspirations.

When I tell people that I’m graduating this semester there is always the follow up question of what I plan to do afterwards. I feel that I am always torn because I have many things I want to do but none of them are jumping into a lifelong 9-5. I want to enjoy my 22 year old life. Sometimes I feel, is that too much to ask? Can I just want to travel, explore the world, meet new people, try new things, love and live unconditionally? Because of this degree, my entire perspective on life has completely changed. Before I entered college I was sure I wanted to go to law school to become a civil rights attorney but now I ask myself do I want to endure another ⅔ years of my life to deepening my understanding of law and politics, continue to stress and depress myself over feeling hopeless at the state of the world. And the answer is hell no I do not, but one thing I’ve never been unsure of was my determination to help people and better myself and society as a whole. You could say I could and should take the law school route, but then I could take a grassroots approach and work from the ground up, in my community and others neighboring by. I want my influence to be known, I want my voice to be heard, and more so understood. I want to make a difference directly, and that’s why I plan to work after college, hopefully in the Mayor or Governor’s office, and then start my outreach program in the fall. I want to speak to the youth, teach, inspire, and resonate with them so that they understand there is no limit to their success. I want to live in Costa Rica for a few years, my fathers country and visit my family, really get closer to nature, and give back to the people of the land too. I want to open women’s shelters, donation services, become a certified personal trainer so I can help people of color with their health, and so much more. But because I remain confident in myself and my faith, in addition to my stance that everything in this life is fake, I can and will do anything I put my mind to. I am already a registered track and field official so I will be working throughout the year doing that but I want to do more, and unfortunately toy can barely do anything if you don’t have money, so I’m learning how to write an application for a grant to get my program set in stone.