2024 Graduation

Wow, I did it! First person in my family to graduate college…What should I do now?

All my life I knew that I needed to go to college, and get that degree. But as graduation approaches I don’t know what to do after college. I’ve always been a good learner and study whenever is needed. I wonder what my life would look like once classes are over.

I tend not to dread the future a lot but as I think about my future life, I just wonder what I’ll be doing. Would I become a comic translator? Audiovisual translator? Would I end up in grad school? Would I end up traveling?

As these questions appeared in my head, I decided to make a list of pros and cons for each one. I’m not sure why I did it but I think that will help.

Pros: All these are good for my future

Cons: All require interview preparation and money

These two factors in the pros and cons section were similar in each of the four lists.

As I see the lists I’m still not sure which to choose. All can be beneficial but what is it that I truly want.

As I dread my future…wait I’m just 21. Why the hell I’m stressing this much?!

Let’s just look in Linkedin for any jobs that match my qualities.

As I stroll around in Linkedin I see this job posting in the Museum of Jewish Heritage-It seems interesting. Let’s try it out.

I match the qualifications:

Need to be bilingual, nice I speak Spanish and English.

Experience teaching students: Yes, I teach High school students

Speaking in front of a group of 15-30 people: Yes, I don’t mind public speaking

Lets send out that resume now and wait to hear back from them. I hope I get the job.

I’ll decide on my future after, let’s just enjoy the time for now exploring.