A child point of view towards finances

Since childhood, in my culture our community supported the idea of savings. I was always taught even if you have a small amount of money make sure you save from it. It does not matter if it’s one penny. Because one day these little pennies will act as a base for you to build up higher savings. I do support the idea of savings, but I did not agree with how in my community people were skeptical about using credit cards. I think this is something common in other cultures too. People are usually afraid of using credit cards. But I believe instead of refraining oneself from using it, one should try to understand the concept of a credit card and should try to use it in the proper manner. I believe it’s more about whether we need guidance about financial literacy and how to keep a track of our finances, expenses, and savings. Since I was a kid, I used to spend a lot of money and never used to have savings. Even my mom used to tell me how to spend it accordingly. Basically, she tried to teach me and utilize the phrase in my real life, “To cut your coat according to your cloth” means our expenses should align with my income. After moving to the USA, I realized the importance of this quote and how important it is to make sure we are not spending more than we earn. After working in the USA, I was able to understand the importance of making money and how to use it properly. Currently, I do have an idea and a plan how to implement the financial strategies in my daily life and the session we had last two weeks ago on March 1st did help me to gain knowledge about finances. I am looking forward to earning enough money and to using it effectively so I can fulfill my dreams and I hope one day my pocket would be blessed enough to help other people.