The New College Classroom

After I attened the extraordinary event that held by Professor Cathy Davidson and Dr. Christina Katopodis, I would like to read the book The New College Classroom. This event is extremely revolutionary for the current college education. They proposed that college education should be differential instruction, according to different students’ learning styles or individual needs. And in the current college learning environment, professors talk a lot, and students engagement is not ideal. So our college education does need a revolution!

The New College Classroom gives us many special but practical teaching methods, and trigger us to think about how pedagogy should be changed according to “The People.” It also make me to think Why will we learn? Learning should be an enjoyful thing. First, because of curiousness, we would like to explore something. Then, with the process of learning, I want to know more about it, so we start to deep dig into it. At last, everyone would be an expert in one’s interested field. That should be the mission of education.

This event gives me an opportunity to think about What’s the most ideal education? And what’s the ultimate purpose of education? In my opinion, the ultimate purpose of education is helping students to find his/her life purpose. In spiritual perspective, everyone comes to the earth brings at least one life purpose. So as teachers or parents, we should let children to try everything he/she feels excited things, that’s the easiest way to find his/her life purpose. The ultimate purpose of education shouldn’t in order to increase income, accumulate wealth, or level up class because when you do the things really make you excited, you’ll do your level best, at last you must be successful, and income, wealth, achievement, and reputation will be also on their ways to you! This is very natural thing, it’s also the way of floating down the stream with the universe rule!