What do you want to do with the rest of your life?

I never thought I had to do one singular thing for the rest of my life. Every day, even though some feel the same, are all different. You feel different, you look different, and your life is different every day. But doing something WITH the rest of your life is different. If I’m completely honest, I don’t know what I want to do with the rest of my life. I don’t consider a career my life or who I am, so I’m not focusing the rest of my life on that. Obviously, I will be working in finance, but that is not me nor is it what I’m doing with my life. I want to be happy, I want to experience things, good and bad, and I want to be able to tell individual stories that bring me joy. I don’t want regret, I don’t want guilt, I don’t want misery. Sometimes I get wrapped up in toxic things and lose myself in the process, but I always find myself coming back to myself. I want to be the best me for myself because that is how I can genuinely enjoy my own life. I want what I want, and we only have one life to fill the shoes we want to wear. I am going to pursue fashion and make clothes that I love, if I fail then I fail. Life will go on, the earth will still turn, and you will wake up the next morning. By the end of my life, I want to know who I am, and I want to be true to myself every day until then. It is my life, no one can tell me what to do or what not to do, but I know that a career is a small part of who I am and who I will be. That is what I want to do for the rest of my life. 

One thought on “What do you want to do with the rest of your life?

1. Kelsey Milian (she/her/hers)

Lily I am so glad you recognize that a career is a piece of the whole picture. We just want to be happy right, get rid of those toxic energies, and live our best life. Side note: I would love to see your designs and creations. How can we at CPL better support your aspirations?