Life

The question “what do you want to do with the rest of your life?” would’ve given me fits a year or two ago. That question off the cuff is an anxiety-inducing question. I feel that I am in a better place now to answer this. I think that what I want to do with the rest of my life is just live it.

Basic answer on the surface right?
Well to me it has a deep meaning. I think that I haven’t fully lived to the capacity that I could have. I have always been in deep comparison with myself and others, making bad choices that affect me and other people, and an overall struggle internally. I think that I just want to live and do what’s best. I want to be self-serving, versus committing self-sabotage.

While yes I have actual concrete goals like furthering my career, having a family, and giving back to my community. I just think that going deeper is what I need. I want to appreciate what I have and feel grateful. I certainly have come from humble beginnings and had many struggles in my life. I think that I definitely got more in my life and got gluttonous and started to take people, opportunities, and other things for granted. I want to go on for the rest of my life grateful for each day and have only insignificant regrets. I don’t believe in the idea of “you shouldn’t regret anything”. Well, you should because that’s life and you don’t always do the best. Regret doesn’t have to be an unbearable weight or one you have to carry. You can use it as a reminder that you can be better. I want to live my life with the reminder that I will fall, lose things, and have bad days, but in the end, I will rise after it. I am excited to see what I do with the rest of my life, I know for sure I’ll be appreciating every moment of it.

One thought on “Life