Mentors to Mentors

The best advice I’ve heard was to do research before entering into college from Calvin Herman and finding  a mentor from Cherishe Cumma-Clarke. This advice is well received because I believe educators need seasoned educators to travel the road of experience to make it in the school system. I have encountered many educators when I decided to go into teaching but no one significant enough to deal with pressure of having a younger adult to mentor. It became evident that many had already had educators to mentor so researching a mentor is hard. Its important to research a person I believe is compatible and strong in your field of interest as well as you must be.

Calvin Herman mentioned that researching the school is as important as picking your career I believe due to the many resources a school have and may help in your decision-making process. Research takes time and patience in reaching a goal. So many factors are counted like financial aid, the right classes, and the career you decide to have. How you decide your future is so tricky when it comes to schools because the one you pick may not have what you need for the duration of school but you do your best not to have to transfer or take classes in another school.  

So many decisions need to be made between high school and college life that students can’t grasp the importance of the information needed to succeed. So much advice from counselors and people alike can be confusing for young adults with no direction but have a career goal. How do you pick between the person you believe is giving good advice and the one giving good advice? Confused yet?

One thought on “Mentors to Mentors