What I wish I knew before I interviewed

There were various things that specifically stood out while watching What I wish I knew before I interviewed.  Calvin spoke specifying as to why you want to attend graduate school.  Linking the connection to your life experiences and reasons that will help you resonate to your interviewer.  Also a great insight is to make sure you have questions prepared that can show some engagement with the interviewer and that you are interested.  Applying this to prior interviews I believe have helped me. Within this video Cherishe spoke upon working with other individuals within a program.  This is a great aspect because I also felt that while in the CUNY Peer Leader program I felt that safe space and also the ability to express myself without the fear of judgment.   This is an aspect that will help me be less fearful to express myself when I am in a room when needed.  Talk of mentorship also stood out to me due to the fact that working fulltime and mainly taking classes online I lacked mentorship.  I’ve learned to change this and find balance and apply to programs and not limit myself.  Another aspect that resonated to me which Juvanie spoke about was networking.  I strongly believe that networking is essential to build yourself and others around you.  We learn from each other daily even if it’s something small it can help you exercise your leadership and decision making.   Communication, easy to work with and learn new skills at the job stood out to me because these are all things that I had to do within my new title. I’ve definitely freaked out when not having certain job skills when taking a position, but eventually I learned and applied those skills. All the tools and learnings throughout the CPL program definitely have helped me grow as a professional individual.