Future Dreams and Aspiration

As a CUNY Baccalaureate Scholar, I’ve been afforded a unique opportunity to tailor my education to my specific interests and goals. By designing my major with concentrations in Global Politics and the Economy of the Oppressed, I’ve been able to delve deep into the intricate interplay between social, political, and economic factors shaping our world. This interdisciplinary approach has equipped me with a comprehensive understanding of the complex issues facing marginalized communities globally.

My academic journey has fueled my passion for social justice and policy development. I’m driven to address the root causes of inequality and oppression by crafting effective policies that dismantle barriers and promote inclusivity. With a focus on public services and social work, I aim to be at the forefront of initiatives aimed at fostering economic development, racial and gender equity, and overall societal progress.

By combining my understanding of international politics and development issues, I see myself advocating for systemic changes within public policy frameworks worldwide. This includes championing initiatives for women’s empowerment, as I firmly believe that gender equality is not only a fundamental human right but also a crucial driver of sustainable development and peace.

While I envision a career working with international organizations to tackle global challenges and conflicts, I recognize the value of gaining practical experience in the field before pursuing further education. Therefore, I plan to embark on early career roles where I can directly contribute to social change and community empowerment. This hands-on experience will not only deepen my understanding of real-world issues but also inform my decision-making process regarding future academic pursuits.

Ultimately, I intend to pursue a specialized master’s degree that aligns with my career goals, whether it’s in public policy, international relations, or another related field. This advanced education will provide me with the necessary skills and credentials to take on leadership roles within the international development arena, allowing me to make a meaningful and lasting impact on a global scale.